This impressive nine-arched red-brick viaduct is a prominent feature on the line to the delightfully-named "Bat & Ball" station. The structure was built by the independent "Sevenoaks Railway", incorporated in 1859 to link the "Chatham" main line with the market town of Sevenoaks. The branch was initially single-track, seeing its first services on 2nd June 1862, but the viaduct was built to accommodate two tracks from the outset, because the line was doubled in the following year. A Maidstone extension from Otford opened on 1st June 1874, this again single-track, but following in the footsteps of the original Bat & Ball line, this was soon doubled, two-track working commencing on 11th August 1875. The viaduct has nine arches of 30-foot span, and rises to a height of 75-feet above the valley.