St Mary Cray


15th June 1980

This London-bound view, which includes unrefurbished 4-CEP No. 7185 on a Victoria to Maidstone East service, shows the fully enclosed glazed walkway that was brought into use with the 1958 station, but is now no more. On the extreme right can just be seen the edge of one of four waiting shelters of brick and glass construction, again of 1958 origin, which are also no more. © David Glasspool Collection


15th June 1980

BR-designed 4 EPB No. 5369 is seen under the “raft” of the 1958 “high-level” ticket hall, forming a service to Swanley via Catford. © David Glasspool Collection


5th April 1986

An eastward (coast-bound) view shows that the station had changed very little since 1958 — even the name-inscribed lampshades were still evident. Your author believes that the four waiting shelters of brick and glass construction — two on each platform — had gone by this time. The SR’s “up” side ticket hall of 1936 can just been seen upon the top of the cutting, on the right, above the canopy of platform 1. © David Glasspool Collection


July 2003

Class 92 No. 92013 is seen passing under the walkway and ticket hall of 1958, bound for Dollands Moor with G.T.S containers. It is evident that the walkway had lost its roof and glazed sides by this time; the “up” side ticket office of 1936 had also gone. © David Glasspool Collection